lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Martin_1001"

45 forum posts
Lichess Feedback - An endgame position in a study showing opening theory#4

@ChessVip11 @dboing I completely forgot that I posted this a week ago. I wish I could put a print of my screen to show it more easily. But is a very simple thing that I observed, isn't even a problem.…

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - What it takes to be considered a professional chess player?#1

There is some sort of criteria by rating points? Only titled players are considered professional chess players? Is a professional chess player anyone who can pay their bills by playing chess?

Martin_1001
Lichess Feedback - An endgame position in a study showing opening theory#1

So, I was adding some diagrams from a chess book with the chessboard edition tool, and for some reason, because the first move is 1. e4, for some reason lichess is showing 1. e4 - King's Pawn Opening …

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - How do grandmaster's think?#17

@MrPushwood yeah hahah I'm not a GM or even good at chess, this is just something I often hear people say, and it's not like every GM would think in the endgame from the very first move. But is someth…

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - How do grandmaster's think?#9

There's a book named Think Like a Grandmaster by Alexander Kotov, but as pointed out by IM Kostya Kavutskiy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFNcUZ15no his method might be a little unprattical. I woul…

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - Most original looking chess set#6

I can only conceptualize such a chess set. I would choose a beatiful forest. Each piece (by type, like knights and pawns) would be made by a different kinda of wood found in that forest, and each piec…

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - What to do when you don't know what to do in a puzzle?#15

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate the answers and will be putting them in practice today!

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - What to do when you don't know what to do in a puzzle?#7

@Alientcp this makes a lot of sense, thanks. This also seems to imply that all puzzles have a tatical pattern, which seems kinda obvious to say, but it clarify that most of the goals for puzzle solvin…

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - What to do when you don't know what to do in a puzzle?#5

@Sefegiru wow thanks, this will be very helpful

Martin_1001
General Chess Discussion - What to do when you don't know what to do in a puzzle?#4

@ellyhart thanks a lot, you have very good tips

Martin_1001